Monday, July 6, 2009

Poor Masonboro

This photo was taken by a Star-News (the local paper) photographer on either Sunday or Monday. It doesn't matter what day it was taken, because it's absolutely fucking absurd on any day at all, ever. I don't know of words strong enough to express my anger and confusion at this sight. What the hell is wrong with you people? Every year on the 4th of July every tool in NC gets in his powerboat/jetski/partybarge and takes his idiot ass and all of his idiot friends over to Masonboro Island, which is a beautiful place that's protected by numerous laws, to drink cheap beer out of styrofoam coolers and celebrate with all the other shitheads. This happens every year, and afterwards we always look at the photos and say "Gosh, that sure is awful that they trash it like that." And then we act like nobody can do anything about it. Bullshit. We need to get on the horn to every organization that has pull over there and demand that this problem be dealt with. If that means policing the island and no beer for a weekend, OK. Great. Problem solved. I don't care what we do; stone people who litter, whatever, but I know that this shit has to stop.


End rant. Sorry about the language, but I'm not mitigating it because it's an accurate representation of how I feel.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Amen, Amen. There's no reason in the world to address this topic without anger. I can't fathom why more people aren't doing the same. I'm struck speechless that anyone thinks this is OK. I'd feed every goddamn one of 'em to the sharks and not think a thing about it. Next year they should be met by a phalanx of officers with M-16s and kevlar body armor and anyone who tries to land is shot.

    ReplyDelete