Saturday, March 21, 2009

Triathlon

I've embarked on training for my first triathlon. It's the White Lake Sprint, the first weekend in May. I'm announcing it to the world, and I'm committed to doing it (now I can't come up with any silly excuses for not doing it). I've got a bike and new running shoes. All I have to do now is train, which began yesterday with a two mile run. I know, two miles isn't very far, but I want to ease into it so I don't hurt myself. Today I rode from my house to Greenfield Lake, roughly a mile, and then sprinted two laps around the lake, almost 9 miles. I averaged about 16 mph (on my Trek 7.3 FX). I'm going to keep it up. I've never done a tri before, but I've wanted to for a while and now I'm surrounded by triathletes and ironmen at work, so that's got me motivated. I think it's going to be really fun, and it's a great way to get on a training regimen and get back into good shape. I'll start posting about that journey too.

No comments:

Post a Comment