Friday, May 1, 2009

Race Prep

Tonight is my last night at home before the race. Tomorrow morning I'll go to work, after which I will leave straight for White Lake. Since we're doing race support, the shop has a cabin right at the finish line. I'll crash there tomorrow night, wake up in the morning very early, pump up some tires until it's time to go, and then start swimming at 8:06. Tonight I'm gathering everything I need, or think I need, for the race. I dreamt last night that I was in the race and didn't have all kinds of things that I needed, like my race number, goggles, or helmet. It was a stressful dream. When I told my boss and coworker, both Ironmen, about it this morning, they laughed and told me I was on the right track, which I interpreted meant that it was good I was worrying because that would make sure I had everything I need. Right now it's all laid out in on the guest bed.

There was a little mix-up in the registration, so right now I'm registered for tomorrow's half Ironman race, which I laughed heartily at. I've been assured that it'll be worked out. We'll see.

I got a haircut for the race. I'm ready. Check Sunday night to see how it all went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment